Goodbye Prostate!

Goodbye Prostate!
August 2014 and I'm ending up in my main doctor for a followup on my annual physical. I'm sense pretty self-assured because despite being 68 yrs . old I've always maintain my weight, exercised, eat right and take my vitamins. I've never smoked, well at least not since I acquired from the Navy some 44 years back and I only periodic drink.

Goodbye Prostate!

Goodbye Prostate!

Don’t worry I advised my partner when i strolled out the entranceway. But 30 mins my world converted ugly later. I knew from last year's exam that my PSA level (Prostate Specific Antigen, which really is a protein made by the prostate and which elevated levels could indicate prostate cancer.) was elevated slightly. But having read that we now have lots of reasons besides cancer for an increased PSA and that lots of times the test can be giving a false reading I wasn't worried.

However my PSA experienced almost doubled now! I possibly could feel my heartrate jump and my palms start sweating. The physician advised a Urologist and advised that we make a scheduled appointment ASAP highly! He said that the Urologist would perform the dreaded prostate biopsy also.

So fourteen days later I'm in the Urologist's office. We just completed with an study of my privates. He previously joked earlier about learning me real well in case this exam was any indication I believe we would get engaged!

We slated the biopsy. I had formed asked about watchful hanging around (More upon this in another article.) But he said with my swift upsurge in PSA level this wasn't a choice. I had spoken to some friends who possessed under eliminated a biopsy and possessed read all the horror testimonies about the pain and embarrassment, therefore i wasn't getting excited about it.

The prostate biopsy involves the doctor put in a tool up your rectum and then firing twelve fine needles into the prostate to remove tissue examples. When I say terminated that's exactly want happens! These fine needles are spring packed. The doctor matters 1, 2, 3 and bang a needle penetrates through the wall structure of the rectum and in to the prostate. Despite being unpleasant and uncomfortable, it wasn't unpleasant.

Three days and nights later I acquired a call stating the biopsy was positive and come within an discuss my options. They are just two real options. Rays where radioactive seed products are implanted and surgery to eliminate the prostate. Both have they down sides and advantages. I'll review the benefits associated with each in my own next article.

After speaking about all of this with my partner we made a decision to possess the prostate planned and removed the surgery. In future articles I'll write more about my journey.

Goodbye Prostate!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9326888